Replacing ICS Arbor Belt
Service Procedure SP-ICS-190703-02
REMOVING THE ARBOR BELT ON CB OR ICS SAW:
Working from the belt access door on the left side of the saw, lower the assembly a couple inches and tilt it left a bit, maybe 15 degrees. This should make it easier to get your hands in to work.
1) Turn the assembly from left to right while exerting sideways pressure on the belt, in a direction away from you toward the center of the cabinet. The belt should walk off the pulleys, a couple of ribs at a time as you turn it back and forth. Once the whole belt has come off, it will be resting on the pulley shafts.
2) Pull the belt toward you over the pulleys (one at a time) and remove it from the saw.
REPLACING THE ARBOR BELT ON CB OR ICS SAW:
Working from the belt access door:
On the left side of the saw, lower the assembly a couple inches and tilt it left a bit, maybe 15 degrees. This should make it easier to get your hands in to work.
1) It is best to start by hanging the belt PAST the pulleys on the two shafts (the double pulley and the arbor
2) Then bring the belt toward you and get 1 or 2 of the ribs onto the arbor pulley and bring them up 1 rib onto
the double pulley. You can use the double pulley as a handle to turn the belt back and forth.
3) Once you have 1 rib fully onto both pulleys, you can run the belt back and forth on the pulleys, using the
double pulley as a handle as needed to turn everything. Apply side pressure on the belt by pulling the belt toward you as you turn it back and forth. Work the belt onto the pulleys 1 rib at a time on each pulley until you have all the ribs on the belt fitting correctly into all the grooves in the pulleys.
There is an MPEG video available (Arbor Belt Change.MPG) showing how the arbor belt is changed; the view is from the top with the table removed, but the concept of twisting the belt while rotating the belt and pulleys one direction and then the other is the same as if done through the left belt access door with the table in place.
Contact the SawStop Customer Support Center with any questions or suggestions:
Call: (503) 582-9934
Email: [email protected]